Fall of Poppies




On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month . . .

November 11, 1918. After four long, dark years of fighting, the Great War ends at last, and the world is forever changed. For soldiers, loved ones, and survivors, the years ahead stretch with new promise, even as their hearts are marked by all those who have been lost.

As families come back together, lovers reunite, and strangers take solace in each other, everyone has a story to tell.

In this moving, unforgettable collection, nine top historical fiction authors share stories of love, strength, and renewal as hope takes root in a fall of poppies.



My Review


I enjoy reading stories set in WWI and WWII time periods. Thus the reason I wanted to read this anthology. Plus, I was familiar with some of the authors featured in this anthology. The stories I really connected to the characters in and could not stop reading were The Daughter of Belgium by Marci Jefferson, The Record Set Right by Lauren Willig, and Hush by Hazel Gaynor. Yet the rest of the stories in this anthology I either could not get into or only semi liked. I was saddened that I could not get into this story An American Airman in Paris as I am an aviation buff. 

Don't let the title of this anthology treat you as not all love stories have to be about couples. In fact, some of these stories were about families. Which is just as important. Although I did not care for most of the stories in this anthology, I did find myself a few new authors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations