Angel Sister is a recommended read!




Kate Merritt is the middle sister. Though if you met Kate you would never guess she was so young. She is wiser beyond her young years. Kate is strong. She learned right away that being the middle sister meant caring for yourself. Kate has only cried about a dozen times. Kate helps care for her father. She tucks him in every time that he comes home drunk, helps her mother and cares for younger sister.

Lorena Birdsong is just five years old. Lorena is a pretty brave little girl. When Kate found Lorena sitting on the back steps of the church, she looked right at Kate and knew everything would be alright from that moment on. Kate was her angel. Kate knew that Lorena needed her but what Kate didn’t know is just how much the Merritt family needed Lorena.

Author, Ann H. Gabhart is a new to me author. After reading Angel Sister, I now have Mrs. Gabhart on my radar and will be checking out more of her books. I just absolutely fell in love with Kate, Lorena and the rest of the Merritt family. I felt though that Kate was the strong character. She really was the glue that binded her family together. Of course my second favorite person was Lorena. She was a breath of fresh air. She had the child like innocence quality about her that every time you looked at her, you could not help but smile. Everyone needs a Lorena in their lives. I was so happy to see Kate’s father shape up and care for his family. I could see though how he came to be in the situation that he was in prior to Lorena coming into the Merritt’s lives and home. Mrs. Gabhart writes with a grace about her. You could tell that the characters were like family to her. She wrote them with love. Angel Sister is a recommended read!


Download an excerpt of Angel Sister here.

“Available February 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Comments

Ann H Gabhart said…
Hi, Cheryl. Thanks so much for reading my book, Angel Sister, and even more for liking my characters. I did so enjoy writing my Merritt family's story and I'm glad Victor was able to get his life back on track. But Kate was a special character.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations