The Reach

In honor of Halloween. I have a scary read for you. Nate Kenyon was a finalist for the Bram Stoker award. The Reach will release November 25, 2008.





Ten years old, Sarah has pretty much lived her whole life in a mental hospital. Dr. Wasserman at The Wasserman Facility has diagnosed Sarah as being a schizophrenic. Sarah isn’t your normal schizophrenic; in fact Sarah is also a psychic. Jess Chambers has studied the extreme child psychology cases and that is why she is very excited to be able to meet young Sarah. The doctors at The Wasserman Facility have been able to control Sarah. You know the saying “Be careful what you wish for”, well Jess is about to find out that wishes are not always a good thing. After Jess meets Sarah strange and scary things start happening at the facility that no one not even Sarah could predict.

This book was filled with plenty of intense and electrifying horror. The Reach started out very strong and ended on a high note. I thought Sarah was a normal ten year old; ok maybe she happened to have a unique gift but other then that fact, Sarah just wanted to have a voice and be heard. Dr. Wasserman won’t let that take place. So what happens when someone who has not been able to speak for ten years, finally gets the chance…the end result is Nate Kenyon’s The Reach; a book that will not disappoint and leave you wanting more. The Reach is the first book I have read by Mr. Kenyon. I can assure you that I will be reading more books by this very talented author.


For more information about this author and his books. head on over to his website at http://www.natekenyon.com/

Comments

Becky LeJeune said…
I can't wait for this to come out. Bloodstone was not my favorite read this year, but I think I'm really going to like this one.
Anonymous said…
Now that's a super scary cover!
Oh, a very scar cover. I don't read a ton of "scary" novels, but this one sounds really good. I might just have to try it out!

-lauren
Linda Jacobs said…
Hmm...this actually sounds like I might like it.

An excellent review, as usual!
Anonymous said…
Thank you Cheryl, for that thoughtful review! THE REACH is quite different from my first novel, BLOODSTONE--it's more of a suspense/ techno-thriller (think King's Firestarter written like a Michael Crichton novel, and you get the idea). I think it will appeal to a wide range of readers. I hope readers will give it a shot. If you do, drop me a line at nate@natekenyon.com to let me know what you think. And stay tuned--Jess and Sarah's story is really just beginning...

All my best,
Nate

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Aberrations